Saturday, November 12, 2011

Game of Thrones: Intellectual stimulation, and writing prompts


If you can ever watch it!  HBO is killing me!  I keep looking for it and it's never there.  I thought Season 2 for Game of Thrones was supposed to start in this month, in November.  Instead, it seems that it may be as far away as April, 2012 before the start of Season 2!  Are you kidding me?

I was hoping that this series would take the edge off of missing True Blood (the next season for that one doesn't start until Summer, 2012).

I have really grown to like Game of Thones.  It is a relatively new Series on HBO that is based on the best-selling novel series by George R. R. Martin, A Song of Ice and Fire.  I have not read the books which, by the way, can easily "Whispernet" over to your Kindle.  While the sight of those books does make me salivate, I don't want the books to spoil my complete ignorance of this, WORLD.  This oddly believable fantasy world is like a cross between the setting of Walter Scott's Ivanhoe and the thread-torn land of Anne McCaffrey's Pern

I must admit, you need a little bit of intelligence to enjoy this series -- because you do need to pay attention; it's not just mindless entertainment.  Once you have the gist of things, then you need to just let yourself go and be there!  I did.  Now I'm homesick!  :p

If you have not seen it yet, you should try it.  You can watch in on TV if you have access to HBO on Demand or on the Internet at HBO GO.  Um, if you're a writer, it wouldn't hurt to have pen and paper in hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment